“For some strange reason I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. And you can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be.”
Martin Luther King, Jr., Remaining Awake Through A Great Revolution.
1. Gosh, we are luckyto have our Speakers’ Corner in Sydney, Australia. We have free speech, a beautiful park, friendly rangers, and good weather most of the time. Today it was beautiful.
If we could add forty points to the IQ of each heckler it would be perfect.
We have no current photos of Ray, Mark the Grinner or Mr B. You’ll have to make do with this:
2. The speakers are finally being seen as the celebrities they are. These photos (about six years old) were found on the internet, and if you wish to purchase them from Getty’s you’ll have to shell out a lazy $650 each. Hint: if you require multiple copies they might do you a deal.
3. Amazingly, religion was discussed yet again, this time by a believer in a female God and an atheist. Your honest scribe again wants to avoid taking sides, so here are memes representing both sides of the argument.
4. Just a few of the many subjects discussed today:
– economics (John August)
– Science and tennis (Helmut)
– ‘The Arsehole Effect‘ (Mark the Grinner)
– God (Ray)
– Paedophelia (Tommy)
– ???? (Steve Maxwell)
– The positive thinking myth(Mr B)
– Uncle Pete wanted to know how the eye evolved and so he naturally sought Mr B, who was happy to help out. Mr B provided a clear and thorough explanation. To reward Uncle Pete’s keen interest in the topic of natural selection, and to encourage him, Mr B has gone above and beyond the call of duty to helpfully pass on this meme for Uncle Pete’s perusal. We hope it helps, Uncle Pete.
5. Today’s critter in our Unusual Critter Series is the Four-toed jerboa, found in Egypt and Libya. It does not look happy to be on this site.