When Andrew Denton asked author Lee Stringer “Are you comfortable with success? With what appears to be success?” Lee replied: “I’m comfortable with the real part of success, which is gaining by inches an inner serenity. That’s success. All the human soul really wants to do is gain a bit each day – it doesn’t want to lose a bit each day. We want to grow. We want Tuesday to be a little better than Monday, as it should be. …. So that’s the success I enjoy. The rest is just noise.”
1. It’s a short post this week, folks, for reasons undeclared.
Mark the Grinner brought his own ladder and spoke. It’s about time. Ray, Steve Maxwell, Andrew Toth and Mr B were the other speakers.
There was some argy-bargy between Mr B, who advocated law reform, and a lawyer, who didn’t. And there was some other stuff.
Topics to be discussed next week!
– The changes in the periodic table.
– One city, two societies
– Why history SHOULD be taught in schools (but for reasons not what you think).
– Dating advice from Speakers’ Corner’s Casanova, Mr B.
2. This week’s unusual creature from the Unusual Creature Series is the lamprey. It’s an ancient, jawless fish that attaches itself to a host and sucks its blood.
In a lamprey’s past life it was a heckler.
These two lampreys like to attach themselves to the computer’s monitor when our Facebook page is up.